- Select the file or files you want to include in your password protected .zip archive.
- Press right-click on your mouse, then hover over the 7-Zip option with the cursor. This will expand another context menu.
- Select the Add to archive… option.
- In the Encryption section, enter and reenter a password by typing in the fields. If desired, you may select an encryption method using the drop-down menu.
- Click OK to create the .zip archive with password protection.
- Open the .zip file with WinRAR.
- Click on Tools from the menu, located in the top-left corner of the WinRAR window.
- Select Convert Archives. You can also use the Alt + Q keyboard shortcut in WinRAR to access this feature quicker.
- A popup window will appear on your screen. Click on the Compression… button.
- Click on the Set password… button.
- In the Enter Password field, type in the desired password, then enter it again in the Re-enter password for verification field.
- Click OK. A new window will appear displaying “Are you sure you want to encrypt converted archives?”. Click Yes and allow WinRAR to process the request.
- After WinRAR has applied the password, click Close. Now, you can securely share the .zip file with anyone.